Join us Thursdays at 10:15 for story time! Each week features a new theme and a craft which are geared towards developing your child's pre-reading skills. Story time is geared towards kids ages 2-5, but many older and younger siblings come each week. Children can bring in a favorite item to share and they can also dress up according to each week's theme
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a program for kids age 0-6 whose goal is to help you and your child get ready for kindergarten by reading! Any book read to your child counts towards our goal of 1000 books. It could be read here at storytime, at home, at preschool, with mom or dad, grandma or grandpa. Really any book that is read to your child counts! The purpose of the program is to help your child gain the skills they will need in order to learn how to read when they enter kindergarten.
How it works:
- Come in to the library to sign up and recieve your information sheet and reading log
- Take books home to read with your child, marking your reading log for each book you read
- When you have read your first 100 books, bring your child and his/her reading log in to get a stamp and to put a book worm on our "Woodville Bookworms" wall
- For every additional 100 books you read come into the library with your child and his/her reading log to get a stamp and to continue moving their bookworm towards 1000 Books.
- When you have completed all 1000 books your child will recieve a hardcover book to keep. They will also be photographed as a "Bookworm of Fame".
If you would like more information about what else you can do to get your child ready to read in kindergarten, please stop in and ask. We would love to help.
Don't think you can do it? If you read just one book before bed for three years you will have read over 1000 books!
Monthly Book Club
The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
Join us Wednesday, November 1 at 11:00 at the library for our Book Club discussion.
Book Club Picks for 2010
Book Club Picks for 2011
Book Club Picks for 2012
Book Club Picks for 2013
Book Club Picks for 2014
Book Club Picks for 2015
Mah Jongg Club
Come to play or learn this fun game! The Woodville Mah Jongg Club is an adult social group, and meets on Mondays at 12:30 in the afternoon. The Maj Jongg group is taking a break this winter and will reconvene in March. Members are willing to give individual instrustion during the winter months if you are interested in learning to play. Call the library for information.