Tuesdays at 10:30. We will continue to meet in Stevens park under the shelter into the fall. Come and join us for stories, crafts, music and fun.
Outdoor Movies at the Arthur M. Best Amphitheater
Friday, October 22 at 7:00 Arachnophobia A horror comedy rated PG-13. Just in time for Halloween.
Requests and Curbside pick-up
The library building is open Monday – Saturday. If you are uncomfortable coming into the library staff will bring your items outside for you to pick up. Please continue to wear your mask inside the library.
Call the library at 715-698-2430 or e-mail the library at email@example.com with the subject line of book request or pick-up request
Spooky Story Walk
Now in its fourth year, this popular storytelling
event returns to Giezendanner School Forest on
Saturday, October 23th at 6:30 pm.
Gather your family and friends together and explore the
woods at night. A variety of activities are planned:
Listen to “spooky” stories suitable for children.
Participate in a scavenger hunt as you walk the trail
Find the hidden skeleton.
More information about the activities will be forthcoming on the Giezendanner and Woodville Community
Library Facebook pages.
Location: Giezendanner School Forest
2424 30th Ave, Woodville, WI
Want to learn to play? or looking for others to play with? Beginning Mondays in June you are welcome to join us at the Woodville tennis courts to learn and play pickleball.
1,000 Book Before Kindergarten
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a program for kids age 0-6 whose goal is to help you and your child get ready for kindergarten by reading! Any book read to your child counts towards our goal of 1000 books. It could be read here at storytime, at home, at preschool, with mom or dad, grandma or grandpa. Really any book that is read to your child counts! The purpose of the program is to help your child gain the skills they will need in order to learn how to read when they enter kindergarten.
How it works:
- Come in to the library to sign up and receive your information sheet and reading log. You can now sign up through Beanstack http://woodvillelibrary.beanstack.org
- Take books home to read with your child, marking your reading log for each book you read.
- When you have read your first 100 books, bring your child and his/her reading log in to get a stamp and to put a book worm on our “Woodville Bookworms” wall.
- For every additional 100 books you read come into the library with your child and his/her reading log to get a stamp and to continue moving their bookworm towards 1000 Books.
- When you have completed all 1000 books your child will receive a hardcover book to keep. They will also be photographed as a “Bookworm of Fame”.
If you would like more information about what else you can do to get your child ready to read in kindergarten, please stop in and ask. We would love to help.
Don’t think you can do it? If you read just one book before bed for three years you will have read over 1000 books!