The Woodville Community Library offers many free or affordable services to patrons every day
A photocopier is available for public use for low-volume copying. The cost is $.10 per page and color copies are $.50.
Library staff can send and receive faxes for patrons. The fee is $1.00 for the first page sent to each phone number and 25 cents for each additional page sent.
Scan to email
If you need a document scanned to your or another party’s email address it is free of charge.
The library offers free wireless access to patrons. The libraries wireless access policy is available at the library.
Several computers are available for public use of the Internet and word processing. Computer use is limited to 45 minutes per session to maximize walk-in access to the computers. All patrons using the computers must agree to abide by the library’s computer rules:
- No downloading of games or other software onto the hard drive.
- No private files may be stored on library computers and any temporary files created shall be deleted by the user at the end of each session.
- Parental supervision is required for children under 8 to use the computers.
- Users accessing visual material which may be offensive to other patrons or staff may be asked by staff to terminate the material on the screen. If a second request is necessary, the user may be told to terminate the Internet session.
- Tampering with library hardware or software and/or engaging in illegal or fraudulent activities via the computer may result in suspension or termination of the patron’s computer privileges and/or referral to law enforcement.
- Computers are to be shut down five minutes before closing.
Use of Library Internet Stations By Juveniles:
- The Woodville Library assumes that children entering the library have parental permission to access all the library’s resources, including the Internet. Although the library has general policies governing computer use, library staff are not able to closely monitor children’s Internet activities.
- Juveniles ages 8 through 17 must have an internet permission slip signed by a parent or legal guardian in front of a Library staff member in order to use the Internet without a parent present.
- If you want us to deny Internet access to your child, please advise the staff person at the front desk who will ask you to sign a form that will remain in effect until you revoke it or your child turns 18.
A computer printer is available for public use at a charge of 10 cents per page and 50 cents for color.
Meeting Room Policy is available at the library.
The library offers a public notice bulletin board for postings by nonprofit organizations for civic, educational, recreational or cultural purposes. Such organizations may submit literature publicizing a specific event. Literature related to political campaigns will not be posted. Limited space generally allows only short-term posting. The library director reviews all postings and may prohibit those which do not meet library standards. Library staff will place and remove postings promptly.
A request for return of items, along with name and telephone number of person to be contacted, must be printed on the back if return is requested. It is the responsibility of the contact person or their designee to pick up the item within one week of the publicized event. Otherwise, it may be disposed of at the discretion of the library staff. Posting of items by the library does not imply endorsement of the events or ideas promoted by these materials.